Fedukeford's 125 reef diary!

fedukeford

just got home with 3 green chromis!!! first fish in the next, next will come a bicolor blenny in a few weeks (from my 55)

fedukeford

nope, i had it built by a local guy, hes also doing the mods to the skimmer (he said we'd have it by last monday!! and were still waiting.....), also today i finally got the Seio 620, and a maxijet 1200 or sumthing like that..... the seio's awsome, all the different ways you can put it..... now the tank has like 23x turnover, anyone think there should be 1 more powerhead or not?? (theres only going to be 2-3 SPS)

oceana

looking nice so far. nto a huge fan of the rockwork(kind of a brick wall effect) but as a whole its a good start

fedukeford

ya i didnt like the rock work that much either, ive changed it like 3 times since then
, i made a few HUGE canves, and opend it up a lot more (but i tried to keep the front 6-8 inches of the tank clear of rocks for lots of room for fish to swim, updated pics coming soon (tommarow)

fedukeford

just got a new 6 line wrasse yesterday, its only like .5 inch but it swims the legnth of the 125, its so funny to watch (i know, no QT yet but ill set one up soon) pics of new rock work and fish soon...

fedukeford

i think this thread needs a bumb, im going to be ordering a clean up crew soon consisting of :
80 snails (4 different kinds)
blood shrimp
2 cleaner shrimp
5 pepermint shrimp
20 scarlet hermits
mabey a few stars (still deciding on brittle or serpent)
a few emerald crabs
and from my 55: 40 turbo snails, 1 sallylight foot crab, blood shrimp, 30 mini blueleg hermits, mabey a few more things, depends on what i can find

reefrobert

Nice tank and sump!
I don't know how hot the two pumps run in the sump, but you can add a couple of icecap fans to keep the temp down in the sump.

fedukeford

o ya, i already i have the skimmer on the tank, it stays at a constant 80 degrees, but i dont have the MH's on yet, im hoping i wont need a chiller

fedukeford

im thinking im going to take the bicolor blenny out of my 55 and add it to the 125 (its been about 1.5 weeks since ive added a fish)

fedukeford

im probley going to have a blue tang, fairy wrasse, a few anthias, mabey a purple tang, some other smaller fish