Fedukeford's 125 reef diary!

fedukeford

heres the updated pics, first my new coral (i couldnt find my kole to take a pic of it)
yumas

rics

Zoas(still not opend much)

fedukeford

The kole is fine, but i really cant get a good pic of it since it weaves in and out of the rockwork so much, mabey ill be able to get a good pic of it in a couple days once its more used to the tank.
The zoos are opened up all the way ,but they arent much to look at. I can hardly tell they are open they are soo small. They have a brownish purple skirt, with a light/steel blue center
Feduke

fedukeford

Just got home from a local reefers house with: 4"x5" orange capricornis, 3 1" frags of a green with blue tip acapora, many stalks of xenia, and a small colony of a red milipora

toggil

Just wanted to say nice tank, haven't read through the whole thread yet though. I'm planning on starting a tank in Feb and live in endicott. Any advice on what stores are good in the area or did you buy most of your stuff online? You can email me at toggil@yahoo.com if you don't want to reply here.

T

the gift

hey feduke your tank looks grrrreat
is your sump diy if so can I have the plans to it?

fedukeford

Toggil-Thanks! what kind of tank are you starting? I bought most of my stuff online, but i sometimes get a fish from Creature Comforts in binghamton, but you have to find a good fish though because most are ill or coverd in Ich. The guy at Natures Best Fish is a great guy, gives good advice, but he is really low on stock right now beacuse he is supposedly moving. If you go with a reef tank LMK and i can hook you up with some frags, and also some more people that have more established reef tanks then me.
The Gift- yup its DIY ill get you the pic ASAP... i think i might have a thread with a pic of it so you might want to try and look for it if i cant find it.
Feduke

toggil

My plan atm is a 55 gallon reef tank. I talked to the people at creature comfort and they said they could order me a reef ready tank whenever I want, I'll probably buy as much stuff as I can form there, their fish people are always nice whenever I go in for freshwater stuff. I just graduated from college though so I need to find a job first.

fedukeford

Toggil- nice! i wish i was old enough to get a job so i could buy coral more often.... when are you going to set up the tank?
El Bob- i like acapora too, Im just going slow with SPS since ive never had any before, but the blue/green SPS I just got is a acapora so of that does good Im going to get some more from the local reefer i get tons of stuff from!
ci11337- Thanks! have you been to the reef shoppe lately?
Feduke

ci11337

Originally Posted by fedukeford
Toggil- nice! i wish i was old enough to get a job so i could buy coral more often.... when are you going to set up the tank?
El Bob- i like acapora too, Im just going slow with SPS since ive never had any before, but the blue/green SPS I just got is a acapora so of that does good Im going to get some more from the local reefer i get tons of stuff from!
ci11337- Thanks! have you been to the reef shoppe lately?
Feduke
Nope, i just got paid for watching my cusions pets while he was gone,(even though i lost one of his discus) i want to order some stuff from this site because it's hard to fork over $60 for a orange ric when i know i can get one from here for less than $30. Do you still have your bicolor blenny? I'm thinking about getting one...

fedukeford

the orange rics from this site are only $22.99. Still have the bicolor blenny, but a guy from a NY reef club i belong to ( Upstate Reef Society) said that they can be coral nippers
Feduke

toggil

Originally Posted by fedukeford
Feduke
I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks starting this weekend, I'm hoping to have some interviews set up by the time I get back so that I can start right up. I'll probably order the tank like the day after I get back and go from there.

fedukeford

Cool.
My tang ate for the first time today!(at least the first time ive seen) the weird thing is it ate frozen food specifically for angels and butterflys, i think it might be the algea in the food that got it to eat it.
Feduke