Fedukeford's 125 reef diary!

bronco300

looking pretty good
...what colors are those shrooms i saw above that look a dark color?
better keep going so you can catch up

fedukeford

Umm which ones are you talking about? I have some regular purple shrooms, pink ended ricordias, green florida rics, and brownish gree yumas
Feduke

fedukeford

Oh those are my purple shrooms (dont know what happend to the pic but they are really a lot brighter) the big one in the center has to be AT LEAT 4" across
Feduke

ci11337

I went to a LFS, (marine oasis) earlier but they were just unpacking their shipment so i'm going back Fri, one of the fish they got was a tomini tang, But IDK if one would do good in a 55. :thinking: Oh ya, if for some reason you'll be in Rhochester this weeked they have a huge swallowtail angel too.

fedukeford

Aww 2 of the fish i had wanted/want... no way to make it up to rochester though.
I dont know whats wrong, but now i either have RTN or bleaching on my nice red milipora, so i moved it a little lower.... not having much luck with SPS
Feduke

reefboy12

hey, What is the site for the reef society you are in? Maybe when i set up my reef your corals will be big enough and i can buy some frags from you.
well i have to go ttyl
kevin (AIM: Bimmerboy12)

ci11337

This is crazy,
my cleaner shrimp is on a KILLING RAMPAGE!! I bought a McCorksi flasher wrasse and a awesome dwarf blue and gold CB shrimp. This morning the 'lil shrimp was hanging upside down in his cave when out of nowhere my cleaner just drags him out and sluaghters him!! Earlier this week my cleaner also killed my purple feather duster!!! And i wouldn't be suprised if he's the reason i need new snails once a month. When they open i'm gonna call the LFS and if they have any more of thoose CB shrimp i'm tradeing in my cleaner...

fedukeford

Can you post a pic of the cleaner? im thinking you might have the CB and cleaner shrimp mixed up, because i wouldnt be suprised if the CB killed the cleaner, but ive NEVER heard of a cleaner doing any harm.
Feduke

ci11337

Originally Posted by fedukeford
Can you post a pic of the cleaner? im thinking you might have the CB and cleaner shrimp mixed up, because i wouldnt be suprised if the CB killed the cleaner, but ive NEVER heard of a cleaner doing any harm.
Feduke
I know that usually CB's are the killers, thats the reason why i bought the blue CB shrimp 'cuz the blue ones stay much smaller than the normal ones so i figured he'd never get big enough to kill my cleaner. The CB was like 1/4 the size of my cleaner. Pic of the cleaner and a pic i got of him last week.

fedukeford

Just tested my water parameters:
Nitrite-0
Ammonia-0
PH-8.2-8.4
Calcium- 570 (no clue why its so high, i have'nt added any BIonic for a couple days)
Alk-7.8 DKH
Im hopeing to get either a lamarks angel, wantabe angel, or regal angel soon. Still decideing if i want to take a chance with the regal or just go with a tang (hippo, powder blue, or mabey atlantic blue)
Heres the final fish list i think im going to have:(* i already have)
1- percula clown*
1- foxface rabbitfish*
1- kole tang*
1- sixline wrasse*
3- green/blue chromis*
1- bicolor blenny*
1- purple firefish*
1- large angel(regal, wantabe, lamarks) or tang (powder blue, hippo, atlantic blue)
1- spotted manderin
Too many? too litte? anybody have any opinons on the list or what other fish i should get?
Feduke

ci11337

Just tested my water parameters:
Nitrite-0
Ammonia-0
PH-8.2-8.4
Calcium- 570 (no clue why its so high, i have'nt added any BIonic for a couple days)
Alk-7.8 DKH
Im hopeing to get either a lamarks angel, wantabe angel, or regal angel soon. Still decideing if i want to take a chance with the regal or just go with a tang (hippo, powder blue, or mabey atlantic blue)
Heres the final fish list i think im going to have:(* i already have)
1- percula clown*
1- foxface rabbitfish*
1- kole tang*
1- sixline wrasse*
3- green/blue chromis*
1- bicolor blenny*
1- purple firefish*
1- large angel(regal, wantabe, lamarks) or tang (powder blue, hippo, atlantic blue)
1- spotted manderin
Too many? too litte? anybody have any opinons on the list or what other fish i should get?
Feduke
As for the angels, i'd do the wantabe. if you risk a regal and it nips at stuff youd have a hard tiime getting it out of your tank. Also, you should add one of the bigger fairy wrasses, (like a clown wrasse)Cirrhilabrus solorensis

fedukeford

I had originally wanted a fairy wrasse, but im worried my 6 line wrasse would beat it up.
My kole tang has suddenly gotten a bad case of ich, it has around 50-75 spots on it, i guess ill just feed it garlic and hope it lives since id have to tear apart most of the tank to get it out.
Feduke

ci11337

I had originally wanted a fairy wrasse, but im worried my 6 line wrasse would beat it up.
My kole tang has suddenly gotten a bad case of ich, it has around 50-75 spots on it, i guess ill just feed it garlic and hope it lives since id have to tear apart most of the tank to get it out.
Feduke
Oh ye, forgot about your 6 line. Good luck with your tang, if i were you i'd get one of thoose fish traps and get him to QT asap, he's such a cool fish....
This is the only pic i got of my new wrasse, now the camera won't even turn on, it's a crapy pic too. BTW, you said, "Im going to the LFS in an hour! hopefully ill come back with some goodies" Well, did you get anything?
***)

fedukeford

Nice wrasse!
My tang is fine now, only a couple ich spots on each fin, and i just fed it some garlic. No i didnt get anything from the LFS they didnt have anything good, excpt a nice basketball size bubble coral for $80 but i already have one
Feduke

ci11337

Nice wrasse!
My tang is fine now, only a couple ich spots on each fin, and i just fed it some garlic. No i didnt get anything from the LFS they didnt have anything good, excpt a nice basketball size bubble coral for $80 but i already have one
Feduke
Glad your tang is ok, what kind of garlic did you use? When my first "round" of fish came down with ich i used garlic extreme but it didn't work at all. :notsure:

fedukeford

Garlic extreme, and crushed fresh garlic.
not sure if i mentiond this in my thread yet but i now have my foxface, chromis, and clown eating flake straight out of my hand!
Feduke