Fedukeford's 125 reef diary!

fedukeford

Another update:
six line wrasse is back, must of been hiding in one of the overflows or something... its still being mean to the firefish.
the kole tang died late last night/early this morning
not sure what happend. it had a few (5-10) ich spots for a couple days, but they last time it just cleared up on its own. i was at my orthodontists office yesterday, and he has a kole tang in his tank, and his looked A LOT darker/brighter than mine. Im wondering if i just got a malnuterished (spelling) tang and it just died from that?
Feduke
(im getting my camera back sometime next week so i should have TONS of updated pics, it'll be a nice way to show all the coral growth over the last month
)

ci11337

Is your clam still ok? Sorry to hear about your tang. Lately my anemone has caused alot of problems, first he stung my zoos, then while cleaning the tank he gave me a rash, and this morning he tried to eat my starfish. Did u get hit by the storm? I sure did, i havn't seen snow this deep in my life!! This is the first time i've had 2 snow days in 1 year, (superintendent(sp?) is from Alaska) And it looks like we might get a 3rd on Thursday.

fedukeford

Yup the clam is still fine, it just wont stay in one spot long enough to attach, it keeps getting knocked over.
We got like 1.5 feet of snow, snow day yesterday, but only 2 hour delay today.
Feduke

fedukeford

Just got home with:
3+ " Blue Cali Tort
1" Silver Bullet Bonsai
1" Blue/Green Bonsai
Tricolor Pocillopora
I should hopefully get my camera back soon and ill post TONS of pics.

ci11337

I'm seting up a nano! My sister kept a betta in a 2 gal. hex but today she moved it to a 1 gal. bowl so i took the hex. I think i'm just gonna have CC from my 55, LR from my 55, and a small ph W/sponge. Then i'll add some sexy shrimp, a pom-pom crab, feather duster,hermit, and a snail.

fedukeford

Cool.
My foxface is dying right now... no clue what has happend in the tank, but this will be the 2nd dead fish in less than a week. I'll check the parameters today to see if anything is wrong but i dont think it is... the only thing thats different is we used these pipes to do our last water change which said "do not use for drinking water, may contain some chemicals". I told my dad we probably shouldnt use them, but he said they should be fine... i guess they werent.
Any ideas?

fedukeford

Oh, i thought you were saying i had alveopora, because i knew i didnt have any. I knew something was going to happen with other people posting pics in this thread... so could you guys that are posting pics in this thread post them somewhere else please? so its just my tank pics. thanks.
Also, i had to flush my foxface this afternoon
this morning it was just sitting there leaning against the overflow, then it was so weak it go stuck to one of my powerheads so i figured itd be best to get it out before it got behind the rocks. i know flushing saltwater fish is kinda inhumane, but i couldnt get myself to cut its spinal cord...
Feduke
(guess ill be looking for some new large fish once i find out whats wrong in the tank.)

fedukeford

Ya i was thinking about saying something like that, but i didnt want to chance sounding mean or something.
Thanks about the fish.
I need to start thinking about what fish i want... i had been considering a blue throat or pink tail trigger a couple months ago, but decided not to go with one, but now im thinking about the blue throat again, because i want to have somthing different in my tank. I don't want to have the same fish as everyone else. Right now my fish list is :
True Percula clown
3 blue/green chromis
sixline wrasse
bicolor blenny
purple firefish (i think my brittly star might have eaten it, the brittle moved under a rock where the firefishes cave was, and now i haven't seen the firefish for a couple days
)
Any suggestions for some unusual fish?
Thanks
Feduke

fedukeford

Any idea how big a tank they need? I really started wanting a trigger after i saw Murphs pink tail, but thats in his 180 so im not sure if a 125 would be big enough for it to be happy.
Feduke

reefreak29

Originally Posted by fedukeford
Any idea how big a tank they need? I really started wanting a trigger after i saw Murphs pink tail, but thats in his 180 so im not sure if a 125 would be big enough for it to be happy.
Feduke
125 gal is plenty

fedukeford

I dont have any picture updates yet, the computer guy STILL has my computer and camera, i took some pics with my little brothers camera but i cant get them to load onto the computer...
Feduke

reefboy12

Hey, sorry to hear bout your foxface and kole. I think I might be getting a 125 an selling off my 55 and all my freshwater fish.....but only if my mom will let me keep one big tank in my room (and my lizard).
-Kevin

fedukeford

I finally figured out how to get my little brothers camera to work, so I got some new pics! (they are a couple days old though, the foxface and kole tang are dead
)
first, new corals and my clam.