Feeding a Porcupine Puffer... or... *not* feeding it rather

zeromus-x

I've got a blue-spotted Hawaiian toby/puffer and a Porc. They both love frozen krill; I'll thaw some out and put some in frozen so that the toby can wear its teeth down. However, ever since I added the Porc, it doesn't matter, because the little

[hr]
eats everything! He doesn't eat flakes, but put krill in the tank and he goes nuts. If the toby is eating a piece of it, the porc will go up and take it right out of his mouth... even if I hand-feed the toby.
I'd hate to have to isolate the porc every time I feed them so that the other fish can eat (they're the only two that eat the krill, aside from the cleanup crew, who never gets it either anymore!). I'm sure that'd stress him out too. But I know he's over-eating, and I don't know how to stop it; if I feed him just enough, then the toby goes hungry.
I tried feeding frozen mussell but it's the same thing, as soon as it hits the water, the porc is attacking it and tearing it to shreds, while the toby doesn't get any because the porc eats it too fast.
Any ideas here? It's not like the toby is shy, he'll go for the food, but it just gets taken right out of his mouth within seconds.

B

boatdrinks

I would use a feeding stick to make sure the blue spotted puffer gets fed.

bluelagoon

when i fed my mom's tank, i'd give her porcupine a nice big piece of food to work on on one end of the tank, then use the feeding stick to feed the lionfish on the other side of the tank. just make sure to put some food in the end of the stick first, and kinda try to do it where the piggy won't see you, i got caught by my mom's, he saw what i was doing somehow, and was fixated on the feeding stick then. and ya gotta be quick about it.