feeding blue hippo

monica

I have had my saltwater fish for awhile now and I have read you should feed a blue hippo a few times a day. I only feed it once a day. Is this a bad thing? Thanks!

wallda

I feed my hippo every night, sometime I might drop a few flakes in throught the day just to keep him on his toes, he has done great so far.

sweetjesus

I either drop a piece of frozen brine/mysis/squid etc in for my tank in the morning, and at night when I get home drop a pinch of flake in. Plus, the nori clip is kept full. BTW, my hippo is a hog, however he is still skittish!

monica

Thanks for the help. My blue hippo is still skittish also. But he also swims right out to get that food!

ocellaris_keeper

My hippo is new to my tank and he's real thin. A lot of LFS keep their animals underfed so they're active in the store. right now I'm feeding all my fish two-three times a day (becuase of the new guy) and once he's established with the rest of the crew I'll start feeding 1-2 times a day.

livingwater

I feed my blue everytime I think about it. I can drop food in there 5 times a day and they wil eat it. try some lettuce every now and then. maybe some broccoli. my tang has just started to patten up and he looks awesome. I have not seen one to look this well yet. i am really proud to own him. if you are only feeding him once a day, i would recommend getting some Zoe vitamins. you dont want to run the risk of a vitamin deficiency. what other fish do you have in the tank?