feeding fish, inverts, mushrooms and Polyps

wright824

I would like to hear from all who have these in their tanks i am not sure what i should be feeding and if i am feeding too much.
right now i have
1 royal gamma
2 clowns (picking up monday)
2 chromis
1 gobby
2 cleaner shrimp
6 nass. snails
4 scarlet crabs
3 turbos
3 cerith snails
mushrooms (are very small frags-just got them)
polyps ( are very small frags-just got them also)
oh and a BTA when i can find it!!!
i have a out breake of hair algae and was wonding if i am over feeding. i also get some time the brown algae on the glass. I really think the brown stuff was from my water, i am now using ro/di but i was wondering about the food.
i see some people only feed every other day once a day etc. but my fish seem starving when i do feed them. this is my schedule
11 am (or so) freeze dried mini krill and general multi purpose flake
3pm (my daughter feeds them- what i leave mixed in a dixie cup for her)
usually some prime reef flake with a little multi purpose flake
7pm before lights out mysis shrimp
i would love to hear what others do and suggestions

mace

Originally Posted by seannmelly
everything your feeding seems ok but imo its too much try just 1 time a day
agreed, Also each day feed something different. Gives them something to look forward to each day..... What will I get today?????

azfishgal

Feeding 3xs a day is a bit much. I feed twice a day, but they usually down the food in like 1 minute, so I know I'm not over feeding. Sometimes it's even good to skip a day. The biggest issue with people new to fish is they overfeed because the fish "act" hungry. Well, that's a normal behavior for fish, and when you think about it, in the wild they don't have someone dumping food over their head every day, they sometimes go days without food, so keep that in mind.
Oh, for my feather dusters and zoos I put in PhytoPlex 2-3xs a week.

I feed my fish once a day and sometimes skip a day.Mushrooms I never feed.You mentioned polyps,thats to generalize,assuming there zoos I don't feed them either.I do dose phyto 1-2 times a week maybe zoos and mushroom may benefit from that.BTW,I feed all frozen from Prime Reef,Formula 1,mysis,cyclops,Brine Shrimp Plus and a little Selcon sometimes.