feeding fish

I am very confused on how much to feed my fish. I have about 10 fish and they are pigs. In the morning I give a little flake and about 5 cubes of some kind of frozen food, early evening they get a leaf of romaine witch is gobbled up in minutes. My nitrates are never at 0, I do %water changes every two weeks and have lots of cleaners. Am I still feeding too much? Should I feed every day like I am doing? By the way it's a 100 gallon tank with alot of rock.
[This message has been edited by obsessedwithfish (edited 02-04-2000).]

the rock

the rock says....
if you have a lot of fish in your tank, especially large ones, you are always going to have nitrates, just keep them less than 20 and you should be okay, the food is only one form of waste, the slime from the fish, feces, etc also will be hard to keep under control, do you have an efficient protein skimmer? feeding is half the fun of keeping a tank

Thanks rock for the info. I do have a very good skimmer and filter system. The fish are happy and clean of disease. So do you think feeding them what I'm feeding is ok?
Originally posted by the rock:
the rock says....
if you have a lot of fish in your tank, especially large ones, you are always going to have nitrates, just keep them less than 20 and you should be okay, the food is only one form of waste, the slime from the fish, feces, etc also will be hard to keep under control, do you have an efficient protein skimmer? feeding is half the fun of keeping a tank