feeding fish

S

slofish

i like to feed twice a day. I use the method my LFS feeds which is feeding them only enough that they can eat in one full minute.

kreach

We feed our fish once a day and only feed them as much as they can consume in 3 minutes...

bededog

I feed my fish a dozen fathead minnows every third day, but I have a FW tiger muskie tank so you probably don't want my advice. Seriously though, I have had many freshwater tanks and set up my first saltwater tank a month or so ago. As with everything else, there doesn't seem to be any one way of feeding your fish that will work. As long as you are getting ammonia spikes I would assume that you aren't feeding the fish too much.

lesleybird

Depends on the type of fish....some fish like tangs and angels are grazers and need to be fed more often. In the wild a lot of graze all day on the rock. Fish like tangs and angels like a piece of seaweed sheet attached to a rock for a couple of hours to graze on at leisure. Some fish like mandarins need to graze on pods all day long. Most fish are ok on two feeding per day, and a lot can survive on one. Lesley

calvindo

thanks all for your response. my fish are mostly babies. at this time, i'm feeding them once a day. they usually consume the food within 30 seconds or so. maybe i'll start giving them more...
besides the frozen brime shrimps, what other type of food do you folks feed your fish?
thanks!