feeding my anemone

reefiness

you mean a rose BTA?
try table shrimp... just go any buy like a bag of frozen shrimp for the supermarket and take one out defrost it in a cup of water and cut a piece of it and just throw it into the anemone... My regular BTA eats whole table shrimp now but hes almost 2 ft in diameter.

renogaw

my green tip didnt like raw bluefish today. he actually regurgitated the whole piece instead of eating it. made my sally light foot happy though.

rcdude1990

is it safe to feen a PTA pelets? cause i fed my fish and the anenome took like 3 of them
heres a funny story, i feed my fish a piece of lettuce every other 3 days and a big piece came off of the little clip and somehow got to the anenome which was one the other side of the tank and it was eating it i didnt notice it until mayb 2 hour after i put the lettice in the tank. but i remeber puttin a big piece of lettuce in the tank and all of a sudden it was all gone in less than 2 hours, so i saw the PTA eating it and left it alone for 15 min. i went back to check and i saw the piece of lettuse hangin out of his mouth still and it didnt move so i was so frightened that i quickly took the piece of lettuce and slowly pulled it out, and boy was it a long piece! :scared: but now hes fine. lol :hilarious

reefiness

Originally Posted by rcdude1990
is it safe to feen a PTA pelets? cause i fed my fish and the anenome took like 3 of them
heres a funny story, i feed my fish a piece of lettuce every other 3 days and a big piece came off of the little clip and somehow got to the anenome which was one the other side of the tank and it was eating it i didnt notice it until mayb 2 hour after i put the lettice in the tank. but i remeber puttin a big piece of lettuce in the tank and all of a sudden it was all gone in less than 2 hours, so i saw the PTA eating it and left it alone for 15 min. i went back to check and i saw the piece of lettuse hangin out of his mouth still and it didnt move so i was so frightened that i quickly took the piece of lettuce and slowly pulled it out, and boy was it a long piece! :scared: but now hes fine. lol :hilarious

you mean a BTA??? cause i dont know what a PTA is, although my anemone gets tons of pellets whenever my fish are fed and hes pretty darn healthy and hes like 2ft in diameter, so i guess its fine.

reefiness

Originally Posted by renogaw
my green tip didnt like raw bluefish today. he actually regurgitated the whole piece instead of eating it. made my sally light foot happy though.
try just regular shrimp but try to cut a piece small enough for the amemone, dont just shove the whole shrimp in the anemone.

reefiness

Originally Posted by rcdude1990
PTA= pink tip anenome lol ok happy to no its safe for him
thanks
o you mean the haitian anemone... i've just have never seen it referred to as a PTA.

watson3

I feed my condy shrimp..every three or four days..he gets huge and seems to be doing fine with them so far....