feeding my diamond goby

j_schmidt1

I have a diamond goby, and I've bought him some frozen mysis shrimp, but now my question is, how much shrimp and how often? I don't want to overfeed, but I don't want to starve him either.

seannmelly

Originally Posted by j_schmidt1
I have a diamond goby, and I've bought him some frozen mysis shrimp, but now my question is, how much shrimp and how often? I don't want to overfeed, but I don't want to starve him either.
Do you have other fish in the same tank as him?? I have one in my 125, and I feed them mysis among many other things, and he just sees the food and goes after it. I don't spot feed him or anything. He pretty much sifts the sand and digs holes all day long. I have spirulina pellets that I break up and drop in for the tang, and they sink, and him and the yellow watchman eat them too.

j_schmidt1

I have a 65g FOWLR. The only fish in there are him and a clownfish. The clown eats the mysis too. I was just concerned with overfeeding. Should I just keep feeding till he stops eating?

seannmelly

Originally Posted by j_schmidt1
I have a 65g FOWLR. The only fish in there are him and a clownfish. The clown eats the mysis too. I was just concerned with overfeeding. Should I just keep feeding till he stops eating?
I would only feed a tiny bit more if any at all. Like I said, he should be sifting. You should only feed what your fish can eat in a minute, if you are concerned with overfeeding.