Feeding My Majestic Angelfish

gregg21

I've had a Majestic Angelfish for about 3 days now. He is alone in my 180 gallon tank with 160 lbs of Fiji Live Rock. He is still kind of hiding out behind my rocks. He doesn't seem to want to come out for food. He does come out and I see him picking at the live rock, but when I try to feed him he seems to be threatened and just hides out. I've tried Spirulina as well as the frozen Angelfish formula cubes soaked in garlic. Also, how do people make their food sink so that he can grab it off of the substrate? Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks,
Greg

saltfisher

That is the same thing my Majestic did when i first get him. Now he comes out and to the top when he sees me there about to feed. It takes time for them to get used to you before they come out in the open when you are in front of the tank. I feed mine Mysis shrimp, Squid, and Brine. These are all frozen cubes. Be patient with it, he'll come around.

krazykarel

Try the veg. clip and put some nori seaweed on it. If you feed formula one you can soak it in zoe or tank water then it will usually sink.
Majestic angels are very skittish...approach your tank slowly and when feeding make sure you put your canopy down (this will take the lights off you!).
Keep us posted...these guys are very cool fish!

try formula 2, which is veggie food, and get a cup and put some tank water, then mix it and wait for the cube to drop, then pour it in the tank and it will sink.

grouperhead

I'd try some clipped nori first. You can also try soaking in garlic or another appetite enhancing supplement. How bright are your lights? How mature is the tank? Bo