Feeding Opinions

p fish

Just want to know some of your opinions on how many times a day/per week everyone is feeding the fish they keep in their reef tanks......

nm reef

I feed both my reef and my fish only systems every other day. Plus I try to direct feed several corals a couple times a week.The key is to avoid over feeding and contributing to the creation of excessive amounts of waste.

piscesblue

I feed a 1/4 cube of frozen brine shrimp every 2 weeks or so. This is mainly to feed my shrimp and Scooter Blennie. My Pygmy Angel eats algae and my 6-line Wrasse eats pods. 3 fish under 2" each in a 30gal full of LR & LS seems to make a perfect ecosystem. The way I look at it, if you have to feed them frequently, you are not supplying them with a natural environment. My fish are all trim and healthy, not skinny and sunken in or round and fat. Just my opinion.

richard rendos

I feed once a day. I change the food I feed everyday too. One day brine, next day flake, next day Emerald Entree, etc. I think a good variety of foods is very important.

piscesblue

Nice tank Richard, I would love to aquascape a tank that is viewable from both sides. I won't buy a tank large enough to do that until I have a house and know I'm not going anywhere for awhile.