feeding prime reef frozen...how to

ebaybrad

DOES ANYONE else use this food? Just curious...I was at a friends house and he puts the cubes in frozen and lets em disolve in the tank to feed. I sometimes put them in hot water till they defrost and put em in whole. Other times i pt them in a glass and break em up with a fork then pour in pieces to feed.....what do you do>?

dmitry

I, on the other hand, do all the work for them. I put the frozen cubes (whatever the food happens to be) into a cup and let it defrost. Then I break it up into small pieces with a plastic knife. I hate the frozen foods that's bonded together with gel because it makes breaking up a major pain!! :mad:

crazy4reefs

i use a dixi cup and put a little water in it from my tank. then i put small portions of 2 or 3 diffrent kinds of frozen food in a let it sit for about 5 minutes. then i add a little to the tank over a period of a couple of minutes so that the fish have a chance to eat it before it sinks.

dogstar

I hold a few cubes in my hand under the water and as it thaws out I swish it around a little. Just takes a couple seconds. Great food source too.

drew2005

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I hold a few cubes in my hand under the water and as it thaws out I swish it around a little. Just takes a couple seconds. Great food source too.
I do that too. Best way IMO.
My clowns actually eat it right from my hand.