Feeding Q?

fishwanabe

Hello, Hope all are safe and having a good weekend, the guy down the road from me has been in the hobby for years and he told me that one of the most important things about the hobby is feeding your fish properly. That the good eating habits of all fish in your tank will depend on how and what you feed the first few days/weeks that you have the new fish. So I was hoping to get a list of good tricks of the trade type thread going, anything that would work that you mix/match for food and livestock would be helpful. Thanks

fishwanabe

nothing?, just wanted some input...ie; "my clowns tend to like frozen shrimp" or "my tang wont eat anything but"....28 pp and nadda?

marka1620

I feed my fish (clowns/damsel) mysis shrimp mixed with pellet food. I add them together along with liquid supplements.
I usually mix up a bunch of it. Then fill pill containers (about 6 containers) with it. Place in the freezer the ones that I wont be using soon. The one I'm using, is in the fridge. Each container lasts about a week.
My lawnmower bleenie eats formula 2 soaked also in supplements.
Crabs and shrimp, I usually feed raw shrimp and algea sheets....they eat anything.

fishwanabe

Marka-Thanks so much, I'm looking at July for set up, 90g, so I'm just doing as much reserch as possible. I hope to have a tang(one), two clowns, a few other small compatible fish and maybe something weird or different like a boxing/boxer crab or something so off the wall that not too many pp have seen it and at the same time ok for the tank... so any input is fantastic!! Thanks

marka1620

Originally Posted by fishwanabe
Marka-Thanks so much, I'm looking at July for set up, 90g, so I'm just doing as much reserch as possible. I hope to have a tang(one), two clowns, a few other small compatible fish and maybe something weird or different like a boxing/boxer crab or something so off the wall that not too many pp have seen it and at the same time ok for the tank... so any input is fantastic!! Thanks
When feeding the, most important thing is to add liquid supplements to their food. Helps their overall health and combat against ick and other parasites. Healthy fish is better able to fight off such things.
Good luck.

marka1620

Originally Posted by WhoDini6
What type of suppliments do you add to your food?
I believe I use Kent Marine's Liquid Vitamin supplement.