Feeding snowflake

bobj

I am about to add a snowflake to a newly cycled 75gal tank. I know what to feed but I don't know how much. I will use a feeding stick.
Thanks

dgs174

Man these snowflake moray eel feeding topics keep coming.......How big is your eel mine is about 12-14 inches and he eats alot. If you will be feeding by feeding stick put 2 pieces of krill (for example) on the stick and feed it to him. If he eats it really quick, try some more, if he doesn't want take it out of the tank. For my eel it is rare when he doesn't want to stuff himself, but when he doesn't I actually throw unwanted krill, clams, and silversides into my freshwater tank. My cichlids are quite happy :)

clowntrigga

I fed my eel once a day,every day and he ate like a pig until i came home 2 days ago and found him on my carpet!That was the second time he escaped ,the first time i found him in my pre filter box and rescued him,this time i didnt get to him in time 2 save him!So make sure you have your tank covered from every angle , i thought i did except for one lil crack between the light and the pre filter box which i didnt think he could fit through,obviously i was wrong! :D

skirk

Well now, this is a question that has many answers. I personally follow "book recommendations" and feed 2-3 times a week until satiation. Usually twice a week until the belly looks full and then I lay off.
Also, be sure to feed more than just krill. Keep its diet at a variety. Example: Krill, silversides, shrimp, squid, etc. This will prove to be most beneficial to your eel. The reasons are semi-obvious so I won't go into any long explanations.
Just my 2cents and HTH.
[ April 24, 2001: Message edited by: skirk ]

We feed ours everynight, about 8 and when its near that time oh snowy pops his head out of the reef just a waiting, We sometimes use a feeding stick but we have a niger trigger and most of the time we hand feed if not niger will get it, so we trick niger and put some brine at opposite end then snowy has it to himself, they are not aggresive and the other fish will take from him[ there sight isnt very good] he would probly starve if we didnt do this, snowflakes are awsume!!! :D