feeding techniques

new jack

I have a clown gobie(just bought him) and plan on getting a percula clown and a blenny of some sort. I know that most eat shrimp, but what kind. Is it better to hatch shrimp or feed frozen. Also do I need to drop the food near the blenny or will it find its own. Last question, How many times a day do I feed. Thanks in advance.

byrself

not sure on specifics with your fish, i don't own any except for the perc clown, but i can tell you that the frozen brine is fine. i recommend the reef plus frozen, which has brine and other goodies. just drop it in the tank, or put it in a cup of seawater and let it dissolve and pour it in. the currents will wash it around and your fish should love it. just make sure you feed enough and not too much. judge how much they eat and future feed from there. :)

susiepan

New Jack,
Hi....It depends on what type of Blenny you have...Some will eat darn near everything, and sift the sand, and others will not...If it is a yellow headed jawfish (called Blennys by a lot of places) it will NOT eat anything that has hit the substrate, and more than likely you will have to feed fairly close to where it has burrowed..Or then you have Copepod eating blenny's...Could you possibly find out what type he is??
~Susie ;)