Feeding time

tank watch

when I feed the fish, they simple go BEZERK. I mean, everyone goes with fins straight up, diving, darting, just pigging out like they have never seem a meal before. Now I dont starve them, I feed them well daily with a variety of food. I have about 7 tangs, 3 foxes, and a few other smaller fish. Are your tangs so competitive? These guys are not fighting but trying to win an eating contest. Most of them are getting thick, healthy looking. OK maybe borderline fat, but they look good to me! ***)
Anyone else have feeding frenzies on a regular basis?

vtfishies

my yellow tang is the same..feeding time he will even lunge towards the clowns or goby..almost think its their nature..i feed 2 times daily..flake and my own mix..

lionpaw38

I have a little blue bowl I use to presoak food with Garlic Guard. When I dip the bowl half into the water I have a large foxface who will go right into the bowl not waiting for the food to fall out. Makes me paranoid because I'm always afraid of being stuck with one of his dorsal spines although he keeps them flat when he goes in. I dont know how venomous his spines are or what the outcome would be...I just know I do not want to get stuck :)

rs1831

I guess when you're feeding you should have your phone in your other hand with 91 already dialed....

rot_stupid

Originally Posted by lionpaw38
I have a little blue bowl I use to presoak food with Garlic Guard. When I dip the bowl half into the water I have a large foxface who will go right into the bowl not waiting for the food to fall out. Makes me paranoid because I'm always afraid of being stuck with one of his dorsal spines although he keeps them flat when he goes in. I dont know how venomous his spines are or what the outcome would be...I just know I do not want to get stuck :)
Ok, I've seen several Garlic Products out there. What is the benifit of the garlic? And all of my fish also go Crazy when we feed them. i guess it's just how they are.

vtfishies

garlic prevents ick.not sure about other diseases..but it boosts the immune system...although premixed garlic or bottled garlic loses its zest during shelf life..mix ur own..cloves of garlic and processed foods..fresh..freezable..imo