Feeding

salvatore

The LFS says 'here use these frozen brine shrimp, they're fine'; and today I read half a dozen different opinions that say they're nutritionally useless.
I have some flake food, but that just seems so boring. I bought some fresh shrimp at the store this weekend, cubed it, added garlic juice (water soaking in garlic), and froze it in ice cube trays. I fed the large hermit and the kenya star a piece each and they loved it. The fish (four damsels) pick at the shrimp while its on the sand, but generally leave it alone.
From what Ive read, alot of people rely on the frozen brine and flake, but am I starving my fish with it? Is live any better?
So much to learn...

bluefish

I asked the same ques. a few days ago, as I was feeding my fish a cube of brine shrimp with 2 drops of garlic and seaweed selects with zoecon on it. I was told to mix it up a bit with marine cuisine, emerald cusisine, mysis and clams as well as nori instead of seaweed selects and continue the zoecon as well as garlic. I bought the above 4 listed from the LFS and cost a total of about $24 for enough food that should last a few months. Well worth it!

Brine is good only when you are adding different foods as well. You want to feed a viried diet to the fish like brine, blood worms, shrimp, krill, squid, sea weed, algea, flake, and LF(live food). These are the best foods to feed, and should be fed daily. Hope i helped
!

Thanks Anthem sooo much! Now i know NOT to feed live food. your little "speach" had a lot of info about feeding live and frozen foods. Where did you get the info on that anyway?

old hermit

Bob the Builder do you even know what you are talking about? so far i have seen you mislead 4 different people on here. dont you think you should only answer the post that you know about from experience. not what you think you may know and act like it is the total truth. some of these people may be listening to your babble. hope i helped bob :D !