feel free to chime in

gjohnnyp3

Figured I would post some updates on my tank. Yet also had a question. in my fuge Im getting alot of red alge, I know that its caused by low flow, so should I get a small pump to circulate the water within the fuge?

nm reef

Very interesting looking system and cabinet. How much turn over in your refugium now? Adding a small power head may help with the "red algae"...it will normally develop in areas of low circulation.

hot883

Very nice indeed.
I would just suggest one thing. Wrap the rubbermaid container with several pieces of duct tape as it seems to be bulging or stretched.

nm reef

Originally Posted by hot883
Very nice indeed.
I would just suggest one thing. Wrap the rubbermaid container with several pieces of duct tape as it seems to be bulging or stretched.
Good point....it does seem to need a bit of support.
What would the industrial age be without "duct tape"?

gjohnnyp3

I know the rubbermaid has me a little nervous. I bought some 1/4 inch plexi and plan on makeing a sump so I can keep an eye on everything in the sump. Hope 1/4 is thick enough. As for the pump going to the refuge, I dont know ! its been a while since ive seen it.

rednekreef

1/4 inch thick plexi will bulge also....i assembled mine and made a top. glued the top on and with a router went around the left half leaving a 2 inch rim. then the right side the same. in the center there is a 2 inch piece that was left to hold the sides from bulging out...its the same if you have ever seen a solid acrylic tank. Im not good at explaining very well, i will draw a pic if needed.