female clown dead..what are my options

cowabonga

well unfortunately my oldest fish a female clown fish for some reason jumped out of my hospital tank today. I bought these tank raised clowns about 4 months ago. Now the smaller clown remains. I want to get him a new partner. But what are my options. Does the other have to be tank raised too...but can i try my look at a wild percula clown? Does the fish have to be small like him or can it be alittle bigger? Plans let me know my options. Thanks. RIP. He will truely be missed!!!!:( :(

saltlover

Sorry for your loss. You could also get a larger clown. There should definately be a size difference, if they are too close to the same size they will tear each other up.
I had this happen with the maroon clowns, and when I traded one of them to a much smaller size, there was no problem.

N

newreefers

I would get him a partner now, try for a tank raised as they take easier to others in a tank. I'm not 100% on this but I have heard that if a clown is alone, and there is no one to challenge it then it will claim dominance and turn into a female.