Female Squampinnis

fishfatty

How would this do alone, as opposed to in a group, in my 75 gal reef? I have 2 clowns and 1 four dot butterfly...all doing great. The lady at the store said that they should be in groups, but is this necissary? Please let me know... I already know they need to be fed atleast 2 times a day. The fish has been at the store for 2 weeks and seems to be doing well. Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

ci11337

would be just fine on it's own. It's actually difficult to keep them in a shoal (unless you have like 7) because this species is particularly rough on it's species members. Remember they need alot of nutrients so feed various meaty seafoods often.

fishfatty

how often would you suggest? twice a day? I have a homemade food that i use...has various seafoods in it, and I also feed brine shrimp and cyclops..would this be fine, or should I buy some other foods? Thanks for the response

candycane

Originally Posted by ci11337
http:///forum/post/2634718
would be just fine on it's own. It's actually difficult to keep them in a shoal (unless you have like 7) because this species is particularly rough on it's species members. Remember they need alot of nutrients so feed various meaty seafoods often.
Have you kept them before? I only ask because I HEARD, I don't know - that since they can change from male to female and vice versa, the the females are not good with solitude and will actually change to males. Like I said, don't know if it's true or not though.

ci11337

Your basically right, except it's when you keep a male by himself he goes female. Swap mysis for the brine and add 1 more feeding daily.