Few pics of 180

h2offshore

I have been asking questions here and there about my new 180 and decided to show a few pics.

Pictures do not show justice of how big this tank really is, stands over 6 feet tall you can kind of see size relevance compared to the 55 that had to be moved over to put this tank in its place.

Now just waiting on the second light I ordered for this, the first one was only 175w halides and after some though and consideration decided to move up to the 3x250w halides and 4x80 watt T5 HO's. Everything else is ready and waiting for water. Shouldnt be a week before I have water and live rock in there. :jumping:

h2offshore

Originally Posted by hot883
Looks like it will be a wonderful addition. Still havethe 175w mh's? Want to get rid of them I am looking for some. bcool831@pldi.net
I am keeping that light, changed my FOWLR 125 from pc's to these, made a huge difference.

h2offshore

I bought the glass from my LFS, the stand and hood was bought unfinished from a custom builder, its made of solid red oak, and I sprayed the stain and polyurethane on myself. The light should be here tomorrow night and I will start putting the live rock and water in friday. This tank is going to be easy to do actually, no cycling, going to use the bio balls from my two reef tanks already running, the water, the sand, etc.

chilwil84

sweet setup i bet if you plug a vaccum or hair dryer into the outlets those two tanks are on you might get a nice surprise (if it is not a 20 amp) post those pics when it is up and running

h2offshore

That electric cord you see in the background is not for the fish tanks. It was used for the power tools during assembly.