Figi Lr From Swf.com?

djian

IS THE FIGI LIVE ROCK ANY GOOD ON THIS SITE? I PURCHASED THE FLORIDA LR AND WAS VERY DISAPOINTED. NOT SURE IF I WILL EVER PURCHASE ONLINE AGAIN, CURIOUS AS TO YOUR THOUGHTS.
IAN

plyah8a

I purchased some rock from SWF. The 109.99. I received it last week. Its in my tank now. It didnt come w/ any directions. I did not rinse it off w/ saltwater either. I took it out of the package and it was brown. Not sure what dead live rock looks like.
It didnt smell bad. Its still in the tank, I also feed it twice a week. Still brown. How long does it take to grow stuuf? Is it stackable?

T

tizzo

I'll let you in on a little secret that I learned... I ordered my LR from this sight, and when I got it the words Walt Smith were written on the side of the box. I was all mad because I added my uncured LR straight into my tank it caused an ammonia spike and I wrote SWF a nasty gram only to find out that I was the one who was uninformed. They tell me that the Walt Smith Co, is a very reputable dealer with very little complaints. Well, I'm mad so I want to send my rock back (which SWF said I could if I paid return shipping), bad snowstorm that week, had to postpone. But while I was waiting I visit the LFS's and I accidentally see one of there LR boxes...yup Walt Smith. So, I call around. Walt Smith, Walt Smith, Walt Smith... So then I ask myself...self, "why in the world would I pay 6,7, or 8 dollars for the same thing I already bought for 4 bucks a pound"? So my point is that most of this stuff comes from the same place anyway, but SWF has free shipping. And, I love my rock (since I properly cured it!) And the LR company I mentioned, they have their own web sight, lots of info...The name is the address.:)