Fiji liverock

shoorty069

Okay, im curious what my Fiji liverock which i puchased from saltwaterfish will start to sprout. Has anyone one gotten one from this site? whats did yours grow? So far, ive had it for about a month, so not much at all is on mine yet. Although i did find these things on it, im not sure what they are. They look like litte anemones...theyre like 1/4 of an inch. They dont move though, i just turned the lights off in the tank, ill check if they move or anything later. Back to my question, if you could list some of the things you found on your rock, that would be awesome.
Thanks
<3ryan

speg

I got fiji liverock from another website... to this day it has.... nothing on it... absolutely nothing... Mine was precured though... maybe thats why...

shoorty069

Are the ones from this site precured. If so then next time im getting florida rock, did anyone get that kind? what comes on that one when it comes from this site?
ryan

shoorty069

I just checked my rock now, its 230am, i put a flashlight to my tank and i found this really long black worm looking thing, it was going from one rock to the other, but when i put the light on it, it slowly went back in, im going to wait a few more minutes and take a picture of it and later put it on the internet... Anyone have an idea what it is?
<3ryan

batman1820

I ordered 20 pounds from this site. After a month i got some weird 1 inch long pink worm that kinda looks like and earth worm. I also got 2 feather duster babies.

clownme

I got Florida rock had lots of stuff on it. sponges, featherdusters, 5 clams that are still alive, and 4 things that look like small anenomes(but are not), and a thing that kind of looks like an orange cucunmber with a hole in the end. It stays attached to the rock and doesn't move. h*
Here's a pic

clownme

I ordered through my LFS, he got it out of Florida, just before the hurricane. This picture was taken the next day after placing the LR. I hace had some die off, but overall very little. Nice rock, I like it.

clownme

I forgot to mention I'm in Western Mass. I have been all over my area and this LFS by far won't sell me stuff I don't need. Up here LR can run you a bit, but I am very happy with the end result.

madmax50

I ordered 85 lbs. of LR from this site and am very happy with it.It is cured and was clean when i got it. Within a week things started to grow. I have all sorts of plant life with new stuff growing every day.Before i put it in the tank idid a high saltwater rinse to kill off any unwanted pest.

hot883

Originally Posted by Clownme
I got Florida rock had lots of stuff on it. sponges, featherdusters, 5 clams that are still alive, and 4 things that look like small anenomes(but are not), and a thing that kind of looks like an orange cucunmber with a hole in the end. It stays attached to the rock and doesn't move. h*
Here's a pic
Clownme, just a note: AWESOME display. You really have the LR set up nice.

clownme

THANK YOU! I really appreciate your compliment.

I am almost too impressed with myself, I got the rock that way on the first try! Just kept stacking til they fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.
Has anyone tryed any of the underwater epoxy? To secure the rocks?