filter feeder?

vtecbro007

umm i was wonder wat people feed their filter feeders because in less than a month ill have a fully equiped 90 reef and jsut want to complete my research

ophiura

It very much depends on the type of animals you are keeping. There are a wide variety of products.
I hope you mean that in a month you will have the tank and everything - it takes much longer to have a full blown tank with the animals and things in it?

jimlssc24

Originally Posted by ophiura
It very much depends on the type of animals you are keeping. There are a wide variety of products.
I hope you mean that in a month you will have the tank and everything - it takes much longer to have a full blown tank with the animals and things in it?

You tell him Star!!!
:D

vtecbro007

yea i mean it by equipment wise i have saltwater experience,...filter feeders like sponges,..clams,..and so forth

vtecbro007

what im trying to get an answer for is that do you guys use the producted they sell like seamilk or grow your own? pro n cons?

ophiura

The problem is that not all those feed on the same thing. So some people use multiple stuff - phytoplankton, cyclopeeze, etc. Many animals need very different sized particles of food...and high quality. Rarely does one bottled brand work, but I am not familiar with the seamilk...