filter help

hearn

I have two whisper hang on filters on my 75g FO. woke up this morning and one had quit. Should I go get another whisper, or do ya'll suggest something new and/or better. Just stared work after a 3 month layoff. So money is really tight.
P.S. I ain't been on the sight for a while, But in a time of need you guys are the first thing I thought of. Thanks for being there, The people is what makes this such a great sight.

reef fool

My father has had the same thing happen to his whisper on his FW tank.
I always ran Aquaclears and they never died! Actually, I still have them in the attic and I bet they work perfect. They are a bit noisy compared to the whisper though.
Good Luck,
Frank

jumpfrog

Are you sure it is dead. Mine stop for some unkown reason from time to time. I usually pull out the intake tube and wiggle the pump and then reinsert the intake tube once it starts back up. Play with a little to be sure before tossing it.
I have three and they do this. Have to admit, my penguin has never stopped in 2.5 years on my fresh tank. I think there is a lesson in there:rolleyes:

hearn

I've been doing the wiggle thing for a while now. I guess it's past that now. Thanks, now I know it a problem with the wispers.