Filter media help

maddog20

I have had cloudy water lately. I use a Aqua C wet/dry and PS, fluval 303. I was been hearing not alot people like canister filters cause of it being a Nitrate farm? and they say the Carbon stay good for only 2 weeks. But what abnout chemi pure carbon it says 6 months. Any ideas what i should use as filter media? Or get rid of it

mr . salty

If you want to get rid of the cloudy water,try putting a polishing filter media,or micron filter floss in the canister.This will catch the smaller particals that are passing through the filter you are now using.This new filter media MUST be chacked often,as it has a tendancy to clog quickly.

sunnyspony

I have a Ehiem canister filter and dont have a complaint about it. I think it works great. But I stop using carbon in it because it does turn into a nitrate factory. I also have a Whisper filter hanging from the tank to use carbon or phosphate remover whatever I would need. I makes it easier to pull the bag right out whenever I need to. Beats tearing apart a canister filter.