filter replacements for a coralife skimmer

byancey

i have a coralife skimmer and it is time to replace the filter in the diffuser box..the white one and I am having trouble locating one. Does anyone know where I can find what I need? I thought about just using fiberfill type of material but it seems that it could be a little lofty and cause problems with bubbles in my tank. The original filter is way thicker than anything I have seen.

darknes

Just go to your fishstore, and Fluval sells "water polishing pads" for their filters. I paid like $5 for a box of three.
Then, I tear it in half since it's about twice as wide as the Coralife filter, and cut it to size with scissors. Works very well, imo.

gsd

You can also use sponge. Coralife will tell you that the blue /white double filter batting sold by Marineland will work just fine, and probably even better than their white filter pad. Personally I would just remove it and wash it and put it back in place.

byancey

thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I will go shopping for the Marineland filters or the fluval polishing pads tomorrow . I tried rinsing it out and puttng it back but it seems to be completely clogged with gunk. I rinsed and rinsed and it did not come any cleaner than it was before the rinsing. Again thanks for your replies.