filthy glass

i've had my tank setup for about 6 months as fish only , about 1 month ago i added 4 48in vhos, two blue actinic and two super white actinic, since theni have had to clean my glass everyday, if i don't within two days the glass has thick green crap all over the glass, is there anything other than the lights causing that and anything i can do to stop or at least slow it down?

t316

If it started with the addition of the lights, there's the answer to your question. But how to deal with it...what's your cleanup crew inventory? Any/how many snails/hermit crabs/etc.? What is your filtration? Do you use carbon?

i have two large turbos n three med torbos a nasa snail a bunch of tiny slugs more than i can count, hermit, emerald, scarlett, cleaner shrimp, i have a wet dry with a 5oo gph pump, a skimmer wth a 350 with a giant stone crab in it, it is the devil, and the carbon bag in it was in another tank before i put it in mine and i think it was in it for about a year and a half or so.

dinogeorge

Your light is bouncing off the water’s surface and refracting towards your front glass.
If your lights on top of your tank are movable, slide them further back towards the back of the tank. This will eliminate as much light bouncing off the glass and setting up such a prime place for the algae to grow.
Good luck man.

its a 55g and i have 4 48in vhos, they cover the whole top except about 2 inches in the back cause the overflow, and it grows like that all over the tank, every inch except the bottom