filtraton systems

byron2

i have brouht 265 reef ready tank and i was wondering what type of filtration system i would use /fish only

mr . salty

Reef ready,So you will be using a sump right??? Use the sump to house your heater,skimmer,and some kind of mechanical filteration(filter pad,floss,or similar)and a BIG return pump.At least 1500gph..For bio filter you should have at least 100lbs of live rock,and 4" of sand substrate...That would work fine...

nm reef

Byron2....sorry to tell you this but there is absolutely nothing you can do to filter that system......If ya want send it to me....I'll destroy it so it will no longer be a problem....*_^...seriously..........mr. salty has a very nice large system and he'll steer ya right....I just wanted your tank to build my next reef....*_^

predator

I would go with around 1 pound per gallon or more on the live rock with a dsb. A nice skimmer with a hell of a pump. I'v got a 3ft by 3ft by 18in with the overflow in the middle. Comes out to 1oo gallon. I'm using a mag drve 1200. For a tank that size I'd get something much bigger.