Final List

ilove2ride

After asking some questions on this board, I have finally got a list for fish for my peaceful 25 gal. FOWLR...
1 True Percula Clown
1 Firefish
1-2 Hifin Cardinal(s)
1 Mandarin
(eventually will get one, about 6 mos after tank setup, I will get one that eats food)
20 lbs. of LR
Live Sand
10 Reef Hermits
Possibly a Candy-Striped ship...?
Thanks for your help, once again

fshhub

if you go reeeeeeeeal slow, and i would add at least 10 more lbs of lr, make sure your tank was ready before adding anymore(ie. add one then wait a month before adding the next), then this could be possible w/o the mandarin, but that would be pushing the limits of your system(especially to start);
i would not attempt any more , and i would make this take a couple of months to stock
oops, i thought you had 2 percs, so you should be fine, without the mandarin, but still stock slowly please
HTH

mrmaroon

I do not think that oyu will have enough of a Natural food source inthat size tank for a mandarin. Have you thought about trying a maited pair of firefish? Or a six line wrasse?

ocellaris_keeper

I lost my scooter blenny for the same reason not enough food. IF you want to add the mandarin - wait a about 18 months. this may allow for enough critters in the tank to feed the mandarin.
I also would suggest a number of snails to help keep the glass clean as well. I love my snails - they're always somewhere else when I look at the tank.

ilove2ride

Well, since Mandarins are so hard to keep could i possibly fit a Coral Beauty in there?
Thanks for all of your replies!

karlas

the perc, fire fish and cardinals should do fine together they would get along with the mandarin. i seen a mandarin in a nano reef that was doing quite well (the guys been doing the hobby for 30 yrs or so)but you need a really big population of copods and should wait quite a while. probably at least a year befor adding him. once they are in the tank they will descimate the poplation. it takes a tank about a year to fully mature because it actually goes through several different cycles so u might want to wait on him ;)

ilove2ride

I've read conflicting info... some say a 24 gal. is ok for a Pygmy Angel, and others say it's too small. What do you all think?
By the way Ive given up on the Mandarin, maybe I'll add one in a year or so...
Thanks again :)

ilove2ride

Could I still get the firefish becuase I have an Eclipse hood and I am afraid that he will jump into the filter!
Thanks again :)