Finally..a shot of the babies.

sheree

I was finally able to get a clear shot of the tiny seahorse babies. In the right side of the pic, I attached a penny to the background for size reference.
Last count was 24 from 2 papas.

seaham358

Those are cool litle guys. I like seahorses but have read that they are alot of work. Not ready for that yet.

clarkiiboi

I read your other post. Good luck with the babies and the parents. Glad you have experience under you belt!! :)

crazy4reefs

they look awsome, i would love to have seahorses but i am not ready for the challenge yet, maybe some day... good luck, looks like your doing great..:cool:

nm reef

Yet another example of the extreme diversity this hobby offers! Congrads on the new additions...best of luck with them. Thanks for the pic...:cool:

B

bambalamb

GREAT pic. Keep us updated on the progress of the little ones ( I'm sure you're gonna give 'em names!)

sheree

Thanks everyone....they are now 3&1/2 weeks old and havent lost a single one. They eat like crazy and I can already see growth in them.
I have changed their water(1/2) often because of the shrimp molts, and I have them in a 1 gal tank sepperate from the parents till they get stronger.
Will keep ya updated.

azeritis

Definately one of the coolest things I have seen so far!!!!
Are you keeping them all?
In what tank are you keeping them? Are they alone in there?
Do post some more pictures updates etc...

nicky1.8t

good luck with those they are very cool i am also thinking about doing a sea horse tank but i odnt have the required time right now so i will put that idea on hold, but best of luck with yours and keep us updated please.:)

D

dustybottoms

That is SO cool, can you pleeeeeeeeeeease post pics of your tank. I am about to start a sea horse tank and need all the advice available. :)

sheree

All are doing great!! The first babies were born 6/11&12...and they are growing well. One pair of the adults mated 2 days after they arrived(got to watch that too)...and those babies were born 7/10...approx. 4 week gestation.
Pics below....enjoy!!
First pic is the 3 sizes now,,mama..4week old..and new baby.