Finally getting my lights!

damselsrck

Hi, I'm so sorry to be asking about this SO much, but I really am a noob and I don't want to buy the wrong lights... I have found a Metal Halide fixture with a total of 480 watts. That is a total of 10.4 watts per gallon on my tank. Can I just get eggcrate, and hook up the light immediately? (I don't have any coral) Here is what is included:
Approx Fixture Size: 33.5"L x 11.5"W x 3.5"H
Odyssea metal halide system comes with:
* non-corrosive powder coated housing
* built-in cooling fans
* two separate on/off switches on 175W external remote ballast controlling HQI & bluemoon LED separately
* one on/off switch on CF external remote ballast controlling compact fluorescent only
* one power cord for HQI
* one power cord for compact fluorescent
* one power cord for bluemoon LED
* two external ballasts
* tempered glass splash guard
* hanging kit and mounting brackets
* extendble to a maximum of 36" in length with mounting brackets
FREE items include two double ended 175W HQI 20000K & two 65W compact fluorescent bulb actinic blue & three blue moon LED night light
Is this an ok deal for $280 + shipping?
Are there any other things I need to know about lighting? I am a complete noob to reefs and so even the most basic things would be great!
Thanks!

volcom69

sounds like a great deal to me yea remember with metal haildes ur tank will get very hot quick so maybe u can put a fan or something shooting at the water to keep it cool. Sounds like a great deal to me man. Where u getting it from.

damselsrck

Well, I'm not sure anymore if I want that..
I ordered a cheaper thing from that site (the same brand too) and I wasn't impressed..
maybe it would be ok, but for something that expensive I want it to be great.

maxalmon

Aren't these units made by JBJ? If so the balast on these things is the size of a small car, Great price though.