FINALLY got my 10g office tank going...

yearofthenick

and I love the new tank look too.

Took the two clowns and royal gramma out of my 20g from my house, along with most of the live rock and old water to finish off the job. I've had the tank in my office for about 3 months now with nothing but sand and water in it. Just moved it all over today. This is my ONLY tank at the moment. It's already gotten a lot of interest from co-workers.

yearofthenick

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/380549/finally-got-my-10g-office-tank-going#post_3312131
Looks good.....are you going to keep FO in it?
Yeah, I'll keep it this way. A lot simpler to have a FOWLR than a reef tank. Too many chemicals and test kits under my desk to worry about. I like that I only have to test sg and nitrate... feed once a day, w/c once every 1-2 months. The light is super weak on there so I'll likely never get any cyano or algae outbreaks. It's the perfect office tank.

yearofthenick

It has an aquaclear 70 in it, rated for 55 gallons.... and it's on my 10g. I probably won't have to worry about flow being too low haha.

mrdc

Nice. I asked my boss awhile back if I could put a small tank in my cubicle and was told no.

I told her that it would bring my stress down and make me more productive but it didn't change her answer.

novahobbies

Yup. Recognized Blue Like Jazz and The Pilgrim's Progress. I'm an English grad, so the first thing I looked at was your bookshelves instead of the tank.
Now as for the tank - looks nice! I like seeing people who adapt the old freshwater 10g standby for saltwater uses. I know it's standard lighting, but I bet you could still convince a few mushrooms to grow up near the top!

yearofthenick

Quote:
Originally Posted by novahobbies http:///forum/thread/380549/finally-got-my-10g-office-tank-going#post_3313646
Yup. Recognized Blue Like Jazz and The Pilgrim's Progress. I'm an English grad, so the first thing I looked at was your bookshelves instead of the tank.
Now as for the tank - looks nice! I like seeing people who adapt the old freshwater 10g standby for saltwater uses. I know it's standard lighting, but I bet you could still convince a few mushrooms to grow up near the top!
You think so??? Well, I still am not sure about doing corals. Between dosing the tank with calc/alk and phyto, I know it's going to get hairy (no pun intended) without a skimmer. I kind of like that new clean look. An underpowered light and high water flow will ensure that I won't get a cyano outbreak.

yearofthenick

It's really simple setup. I have an Aquaclear 70 in the back, mainly to provide good water flow. I have a little heater and the stock tank light. About 8lb's of live sand and maybe 12-15 lb's of live rock.