Finally my new mandarin

detguy313

well after my yellow tang took out my other mandrin that i had i was so sad to see it go..one of my favorite fish that i have kept..i traded away the yellow tang and i have been on the look for a new mandarin..i got one and it was a dud...so i had my eye on this one for sometime and got it...it is a very nice female..and as soon as it hit the water it was on the hunt and has been since...i was glad to see that because the last one just sat around and i am sure it was cynaide caught...this one just looks better but i got my fingers crossed that it will make it..i know i am by no way in the clear but i had the other for a couple years and it was nice and fat..just that tang killed it...i had a target before but got the other kind this time..enough talk here are the pics!!!
in the bag

detguy313

thanks everyone..it seem to be healthy..it was hunting pods at the store..the kept it in a tank that it would be able to eat and they had it for sometime..i been watching to see how it was doing and it looked fine..i am going to look for a male for her as well but if i can't find one that is healthy soon i am just going to go with that one...i will post more pics in the next couple of days

anonome

She is in your 180g right? If so, congrats on a very healthy one....nice and pleasantly plump!! Good luck. She is beauty pageant ready.

detguy313

my yellow tang killed my last one that i had for two years...i saw it happen..and when i tried to stop it...it was to late..i traded away the yellow...and yes it is in the 180...i have one in the 90 as well...it has been there for almost two years

m0nk

Very nice fish! I just picked one up today too, also a female (males are so hard to find). She's already finding pods nicely for me. Best of luck!

detguy313

wow monk i have always found it the other way that females are so hard to find..every place i go to all the ever have are males..thats why i got the female because i am looking to pair them up..and i can find males pretty easy but finding one healthy is the key...good luck on yours...one think we need pics of her

m0nk

Originally Posted by detguy313
http:///forum/post/2563582
wow monk i have always found it the other way that females are so hard to find..every place i go to all the ever have are males..thats why i got the female because i am looking to pair them up..and i can find males pretty easy but finding one healthy is the key...good luck on yours...one think we need pics of her
So yesterday at the LFS, I didn't see a "spike" coming from it's dorsal fin, but today I do. I'll have to keep an eye on it to be sure I'm not seeing things, but I'm pretty sure it's there and this is a he and not a she... it's just tough because this one is small.

I hope you can find one, I like the males more personally, but that would be great if you could pair your female up.

michaeltx

I find that the females are harder to find around here. I looked for 3-4 months to find the female that I had. and they paired up pretty quick when I added the female in with the male that I had
Mike

puffer32

I have a female and I had a female scooter blenny in my 150. I had to take the scooter out because my female mandrin was attacking her. So as much as i would like a pair, i won't chance her not attacking anything that remotely looks like her.

detguy313

here is a new pic of her..so hard to get pics of this fish it is in the rocks all the times..somedays i don't see her at all