Finally my own duncan to look at....

nycbob

nice. once of the hardiest corals around, and yet somewhat expensive per head. i hv never understood that.

salt210

are duncans always the same color? the ones that I have seen pics posted of are all this color

M

mr.reef

i have a question i got about 17 head a week ago and they are not opening up.. how long will it take for them to.. i have them at the top of my tank with 250w 20k lights is there some where else they will like???

aquaguy24

mine took two days to fully open.i have them in the middle of my tank...they need bright light but like to be towards the bottom like most other lps..the flow should be med. to low....did u place them on the top right away or did u light aclimate them....u have to train them to bright light...

loopy101

aquaguy , i was always under the impression that they are more of a low light coral. low flow like ya said but just checking on the light part of it. was thinking about buying some duncans tomorrow. only thing is the store wants 29.99/per head which is a little high from my research on them.

pezenfuego

I got my duncans for 5 bucks a head. They are pretty expensive, but you can find a deal if you look hard enough. One of my favorite corals and they do grow pretty quickly.

windlasher

Originally Posted by MR.reef
http:///forum/post/3024368
i have a question i got about 17 head a week ago and they are not opening up.. how long will it take for them to.. i have them at the top of my tank with 250w 20k lights is there some where else they will like???
bottom.

coastie5685

nice.. and 5 buck a head? i would love to go where you found that deal... in florida its 15-20 a head... i got a deal.. but for sure if you put the duncans on the top of your tank with a 250w they wont open... i keep mine at the bottom of the tank under 150w MH... they do perfect... for now... lower them..

teresaq

I got one head today for 10 bucks. Its not attached to anything so I need glue it. Not sure of the placement in my tank with t5s though. I guess I will start low and shaded for now.
T