finally some ricordeas

wax32

Nice florida rics. I have one and I am still trying to get it to attach well to something. So far its connected to a piece of rubble. I've got it bumped up against the bottom of one of my larger rocks hoping it will grab on. My critters knock him around some as it is now.

kona

yea, I was wondering....is it acceptable to just leave them attached to the rubble, and resting on the substrate? The only real problem I see with that is that its spawn will not be able to attach to anything substantial. What do you think?

wax32

If they aren't being blown around they are ok. I have seen ppl use them like carpets on the bottom of their tanks. When they do get ready to split, put some more rubble next to them maybe. :D

blazehok68

how much do u pay for one ric. polyp?? a lfs by me is charging 30 bucks a polyp. is that a lot?? i love the way they look but 30 bucks for a polyp the size of a quarter is a lot of cash.

wax32

plain green florida rics go for $10 per. There's a couple pink/orange ones there right now for $100 per. Yikes! common indo rics go for 35 bux a rock full.

kona

The green one was 8 and the orange one was 24. There were significant discounts for buying three of either. For example, it was 18 for 3 green or 60 for 3 orange.

scoobydoo

I bought a rock yesterday with 7 polyps for $40. I think they are orange. My first experience shopping and I think I got lucky :cheer:

rubberduck

Originally Posted by scoobydoo
I bought a rock yesterday with 7 polyps for $40. I think they are orange. My first experience shopping and I think I got lucky :cheer:

YEAh u did :eek:

oceana

all depends where you live i guess, around here normal green rics are 8-10 bucks each.
i bought a very bright solid orange/red YUMA for only 10 bucks at a LFS a few months ago. the manager of the place was pissed when he found out it was misspriced and it should have been alot more. It's always nice to get one over on a LFS for a change :happy:

oceana

Originally Posted by BLAZEHOK68
i dont know but they look like frilly mushrooms to me but a better pic would help

???? nothing about that pic says frilly/hairy shrooms. no doubt thats a ric