Finally-the ultimate apstasia killer!

jja

I finally found a great way to get rid of these suckers.I tried boiling water as was suggested by a few people but it didn't work for me. So I mixed 20% boiling water and 80% salt mix and shot it into them with a syringe. Careful not to drip any on anything else but it was instant death!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I wish I could get to one that is in my tank, but every time I try to shoot him, he ducks back into a hole. He found a very inconvenient place to hide ...inconvenient for me that is.
:mad:
BTW: seasalt is also great at killing those garden weeds that won't even die if you douse them with gasoline. :D

chinnyr

Well,I'm glad I checked in today and found this post.I recently have seen 3 or 4 pop up in my tank recently.I have no idea where they came from,but I guess it does'nt matter...thier still in my system.I'll give your method a shot!No pun intended!

stacyt

In the last couple of weeks I've had several small ones show up in my tank. Still debating on what to do to get rid of them. Maybe I'll give that a try.

jarvis

I thought I won the apitesia battle, but I just seen one of the little SOBs come back. I will try it out. It sounds like a pretty concivable method. Kill him with salt burn.

ozadars

I tried that %80salt-%20 water thing but nothing happened except they re growing much more :) , i think they want to take revenge :D
Tonight i ll try that ca thing

michelle13

I think I'm doing it wrong because calcium has never worked for me! Thought I'd try the boiling water trick, but that doesn't sound very effective either. Oh well, the battle continues.

jmesmcm

A very concentratrated water with kalkwasser definately works like a charm when injected the damn buggers die real quick!!!

entice59

Originally posted by j21kickster
liquid calcium has never failed me yet

do you just inject it directly with just the Liquid calcium or do you have another method, i tried to find that pickling brine everyone says to get in the supermarket... but couldnt find it for some reason

derrikd

I LIKE THE PICKELING LIME AND HOT WATER THAT SEEMS TO WORK GREAT.. THEY ARE GONE IN SECONDS AND HAVE NOT HAVE THE SAME ONE GROW BACK...

yammer

Just did an extensive boiling water attack this weekend to about 5 of the buggers (3 in main, 2 in fuge). Seems to have done the trick... but of course I'm waiting to see if any of the fried tissue reconsitutes into a new one.

timsedwards

how did you suck all of the remains out? just that when i did that not all of the remains came out and bits went around the tank, hence my current problem!

fshhub

when I ninjected them with calcium(kalkwasser)
I had no remains to take out or catch, they just melted away.
make a thick paste do it and just put some into their mouth, they will take it in and you can watch them shrivel right up. if you have pieces being blasted around to try and pick up, you will probably have more return later

timsedwards

LOL rowntrees fruit gums, pure heaven :D
I would buy them over there but they probably wouldnt survive 2 days in a bag! WHich is realistically how long it would take!
Thanks anyway!