Finally!

justinx

I am very glad to finally see a forum that is specifically geared towards the smaller side of things! I keep nano tanks, and I only plan to do so for a while as I see these tanks as slightly (emphasize slightly) more mobile. I am a graduate student and am not always sure where my studies will take me. Anyway, I thought that I would share my tank with everyone, although no pictures:( (stupid camera).
The basic details are listed in my sig, and thats really about it. Maintenance is simple, add 10 oz fresh RO water with either CA supp. or ALK buffer on an alternating schedule every evening in the summer, 20oz in the winter.
My cycle was fast . . . I mean FAST! less than one week. Since then, the DSB has worked well and done its job, and after stabilizing ph, and other levels, there has been only slight flucuations.
My levels are:
pH 8.3
CA ~450
ALK ~3.5 meq/L
Trates ~ 10 (not to pleased about this, but have not found a fix yet, no problems from it though)
Trites 0
Amm 0
Temp ~ 79F
Salinity 1.025 (refractometer)
If anyone has any questions about nano tanks, or mine for that matter just ask!
This tank was really hard at first, especially compared to my other tanks, but once i got it, it stuck! I wish I had some pictures, but none that are new:( (stupid camera:mad: )
BTW . . . who is going to be the MOD in the new forum?

zack schwartz

wow nice tank set up? So how long you been doing saltwater and such. I have minamal space and like nanos for that reason and like having many tanks to work with.
so come on everyone what kind of tanks you all got?

justinx

I have kept FW for years . . . . FO systems for a little while, then FOWLR, and now a reef tank. I am still pretty new to the reef tank thing, only about one year into it. I really enjoy it, and my tank is about 2 corals short from complete. Then I just want to sit back and watch it grow.:D

overanalyzer

I agree finally - been meanign to post in here for a while!! (LOL) of course this forum has been up for only a week ....