fire shrimp

patrick8929

they seem to be pretty common. why is one at my lfs 40 $?
that seems really high!
any thoughts on why that is?
if you could tell me how much yours cost that would be great

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by patrick8929
they seem to be pretty common. why is one at my lfs 40 $?
that seems really high!
any thoughts on why that is?
if you could tell me how much yours cost that would be great
In Miami of all places they are quite $$ like $30 and up,, what size are you being offered? and where are you located?

sigmachris

In Cincinnati this week I saw medium sized one's for $40 and Skunk Cleaner shrimp for $35 at a regionial chain. I don't know if I can say the name, but if you fill in the blank to this kids ryhme you will know the name:
"___ and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pale of water"
I did see them cheaper (not much) at some of the independent stores in the area. I don't know where in KY you are, but if its Northern near Cincinnati I hope this helps.
-Chris

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by SigmaChris
In Cincinnati this week I saw medium sized one's for $40 and Skunk Cleaner shrimp for $35 at a regionial chain. I don't know if I can say the name, but if you fill in the blank to this kids ryhme you will know the name:
"___ and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pale of water"
I did see them cheaper (not much) at some of the independent stores in the area. I don't know where in KY you are, but if its Northern near Cincinnati I hope this helps.
-Chris

You probably have to factor in travel time and gas prices in this rate..

30-xtra high

depends... at my cheap lfs about 15 for a cleaner, and 19 for a fire.
at my expensive 35 for cleaner and 43 for fire.

patrick8929

thnx guys so it seems like thats not too high but i would still like to know why for a shrimp its 40 bucks that just seems crazy to me but i guess a lot of prices in saltwater fish are high thnx for all the help guys!

patrick

backcountr

most of the price in in shipping and fuel charge the farther away they are from the supplyer the higher the $ also is the receving lofs close to a city or in a small town affects the price

stanlalee

when I got mine nearly two years ago they were like $20 here but shortly after I got mine for whatever reason prices really shot up for fire and skunk cleaners. Now skunk cleaners cost $25-30 and fire shrimp $30-40

b0bby1

i got a great lfs next to me bout 5 min away then the closest one besides that is a ***** and i dont trust them giving me a fish that will live for a week and not bring a disease into my tank.