firefish fighting?

wocka

my big one seems to be fighting and chasing the smaller one, sometimes biteing. what should i do?

I

ivanfj

I believe firefish don't get along well when they are kept in pair. I will try and seperate them if possible.

paulcoates

The Firefish, a.k.a. Dartfish, is a magnificent little fish that's perfect for reef tanks. These fish have a white forebody and a "fiery" rearbody that is colored in a mix of red colors. The Firefish also has an elongated first dorsal spine that "jumps" up and down. These little fish have lots of personality and should be kept in a tank with lots of rockwork. The Firefish likes lots of crevices, caves, and overhangs where they can "hang" in place. These fish prefer to be kept in pairs and do well in the home aquarium. They are great for reef tanks and will accept most fish foods.These fish are also jumpers, so precautions should be taken to secure openings at the top of the aquarium.
The Dartfish family of fish are majestic little fish with an elongated body. They have long dorsal fins and small upturned mouths. This family of fish is usually found in pairs or small groups

wocka

yea, theres no way i can seperate them i have no material. THEY ARE NOT GOOD IN PAIRS
the big guy keeps chasing and biteing the small one

stuckinfla

I have 3 in a 180, and the smaller one is usually chased to the surface by the others. They do tend to hang in the lower front corner of the tank until night.

wocka

i didnt say that, i said that mine are F I G H T I N G
one needs to get jail time for domestic violence!!