Firefish Goby

crypt keeper

My Firefish Goby is terrified of my false perc. I have 1 single perc and just added this fish. Everytime he come sout if the clown looks his way it darts to the back of my tank and hides. It hasnt even been 24 hours since i picked it up. Already ate some mysis and spirulina.
Will this pass? i heard they do better in pairs. Should I go get another one? Tank is a 12 gallon nano. Only two fish with lots of corals and decent rock work.

abrand

I got my first firefish about 3 weeks ago and i have a pair of false percs. At first the goby would never come out from the rocks other than feeding time. He now comes out more often so just give him some time!

star27624

I wouldn't add any other fish to your tank. The 2 you have is enough IMHO.
Clownfish are from the damsel family and in my experience the 2 do not do well together. I removed my damsel because of it trying to run the firefish out of the tank.
The firefish may or may not come out other than a feeding time. My firefish stays out some days, but most only comes out at feeding time.

crypt keeper

I didnt need a history lesson on the clownfish. I know what they are. Did you have a clown or a different damsel?
Its keeps coming out to hang out but as soon as the clown looks its way or swim over to it it runs.

sdusky

My firefish would not come out of hiding, The next day I went back to the store and added another. As soon as I added the 2nd one, they found each other and now they are out all day long together. They even sleep in the same hole. But my fish were not being harassed very badly. My Cinnamon Clown only gave them a hard time if they swam over to his area, and this stopped after a couple of days
I would give it a couple more days.
PS. The Store where I got my Firefish were running a special for only $8.99 ea. This made things a lot easier when deciding to add a 2nd fish.

crypt keeper

actually the firefish called the clowns bluff and now hangs out in the open all day long. Its pretty cool. The clown charges and the firefish holds its ground and the clown stops. The firefish is bigger than the clown. I plan on getting another. i do weekly water changes. Nothing wrong with 3 fish.