firefish

bcott

could i get a firefish and a purple firefish at the same time or will they fight with eac other?

zanoshanox

The will fight. You can keep two firefish of he same species, and they like to be in pairs, i would never recomend more than two in most tanks though, unless they're quite large.

pallan

i have a purple and three red. had 4 1 died due to stupidity on my part. I have only seen them fight once and that was a month ago and lasted about a week. It was the reds that were fighting and the purple kinda poked his head in once and awhile. 1 red hung in the middle of the tank, while the other circled around him the third always tried to come in and was attacked by the circiling red. My quess was mating. been in the tank almost a year and was the only instance of fighting i have seen. they all split up to diffrent caves that week but now are back to sharing the same cave and no more fighting. (including puple sharing the same cave.
This is just my experience.
75 gallon aguarium
pic from last year in my old tank

benter

I had 2 orange, and 2 purple and I never saw them fight....didn't hang out with eachother...but never fought either...good luck