Firefish

blender

I can't find any info on firefish. Please give me any info you can on this fish or where to find it.

kris

The only ones I know of are actually dartfish (which are very similar to gobies) one is called the purple firefish who supposedly is very hardy but easily intimmidated by more aggresive fish-he is a bottom dweller. I've never actually seen one in the stores but he looks pretty cool.(assuming of course this is the fish you are reffering to) Otherwise there is one more called a fire dartfish and he is the same as far as tempermant. I hope this helps.

S

sshorem

I have two fire gobies. Are these the fish you are referring to ?

blender

Yes the fire goby i guess. It has a dark red back half of the body and has an antenna like thing in the middle of his body pointing up. I have seen them at ***** for $10 and the looked cool. I just wanted some info before I bought one or two. I have not seen the purple one before. I'm sure he is cool looking too.
Thanks for the info

veskas

We've got one left.....originally had 2 that got along great....very skittish & definitely need places to hide. One leaped out of tank to his demise....bought 2 more, but I think the older one killed them. They'll hide most of the time & come out only to feed, if then!! Very hardy though as long as no one's attacking them. Graet for a quiet reef setup;

gladiator

I have one with a powder blue tang and a flame angle and he is doing fine. He stays at one end of a 75 gal about mid way up most of the time. Eats everything. When lights dim he goes to whole under the rocks for the night. He doesn't do much. Hope I helped.

fishgirl

they used to be called gobies, then blennies, now they're pseudo-somethin, but they have a whole new family to themselves! You can get the purple 1s, but i recomend the regular firefishes.

S

sshorem

They are really very attractive fish but they are very skiddish. I have never seen a fish dart into a hiding place as fast as these two do. They don't move around the tank much, they kind of hover in one part of the tank. I like them

atoz

I've had these fish before and they are pretty fish but they don't move around alot. They are socializers so If you get one make sure you get 2 of them. I had one and he hid all day when I got another one he came out.