First 9 pack with new camera, please give technical criticism.

krux

just got back from best buy and they were foolish enough to give me a credit card, so i am the new owner of a nikon 4300.
i am just starting to play around, and anyone with a camera like this that can look at my shots and give ideas of how to improve them would be my best friend.
i am having a particularly hard time getting in very close with the digital zoom and still have it able to focus. i am in macro mode, both in auto and manual. need to know what other adjustments i need to make.
anyway here is number one, my emerald crab

krux

second is my yellow watchman, guess i need to clean the bottom of the glass, i call this one "wash me!"

krux

here is a nice pic of some of my spotted shrooms, cranberry and crimson with lavender spots.

krux

here is a slightly out of focus shot of my green ric, gotta work on this one a bit more.

krux

here is the first of two shots of one of my orange rics with a purple skirt.
this one is without flash

krux

here is the same guy with flash on. i like the color here, but it is hard to get around the glare.

krux

finally, here is a shot of one of my green button polyps, i wanna get this guy with a flash if i can get it to come out, i hear these have some hidden color.
and thanks for looking/commenting. just starting to learn this thing, so any technique suggestions would be a real help.