first attempt at a nano

whisk

congrats! now the fun begins, looks like a good start. I also like the background you chose for the tank, that looks cool. Should look even better when you get the new lights.
also, not 100% sure but i see an NES in that picture and i have to give you extra props for that

dazed2040

Originally Posted by Whisk
http:///forum/post/3024013
congrats! now the fun begins, looks like a good start. I also like the background you chose for the tank, that looks cool. Should look even better when you get the new lights.
also, not 100% sure but i see an NES in that picture and i have to give you extra props for that

thanks! the background is from nemo my girl liked it so I put it on for her and surprisingly it looked good. and yes that is a NES you spy

dazed2040

Originally Posted by Coastie5685
http:///forum/post/3025346
lol looks good to me... on a low budget? ... never seen a reptile tank light on a fish tank.
No...the light is temporary just for the picture. I ordered a 9" Coralife Mini Aqualight Deluxe Series - 1-9 watt Actinic and 1-9 watt 10,000K I should have it tomorrow
. Btw the bulb in that light is a 25w desert coil bulb they run 25 to 30 dollars
I wonder if it would do good with coral????

hlcroghan

looks good, just take it slow as you will see some rise in nitrates as you add livestock and you have to let your bioload catch up. How many watts does that light have? Oh and good looking out on those snails. they are hard to find for me actually but fantastic for hair algae. They run about $6 a peice around here.

dazed2040

its been up for a month now I also used sand from my 180 to seed it the water also came from the 180, I tested got my spike did a water change and let it run for another 2 weeks tested again everything was zero then tested the next day still zero so I added the ricordia.

DUDE! Tank looks AWESOME!
I also took the plunge....2 months ago with a nano..
been doin salt for over 20 years....was always intimidated by NANOs
Hows the light...Im thinking of getting the Current USA Satellite 18w 12" Aquarium Reef Strip Light.
here's a pic of mine at 2 months.

dazed2040

thanks bro
I like the light it gives the polyps good color. Your tank looks good also. I might add a stalk of red sea pompom and a few super green zoos don't know yet to many choices.