First Feather Duster problems

scotty37

Just bought my first 2 feather dusters today, a neon green one and a red white pink one... Figured this would be cake, just put the base of the worm under the sand...no problem... wrong
for whatever reason, cant get them to stay in the sand... and as soon as i put them down, my crabs are there trying to pick off some of the tube... can the worms move themselves into the position they want, or do they need manually placed perfectly? i havent seen the heads pop out at all since theyve been in the display tank.

sk8shorty01

I stuck the tubes of my feather dusters into small openings in my rock work. You might want to try this as it will make them more stationary. They will also extend their tube to access more water flow if they need it so if it doesn't look perfect, they are going to probably change it anyways. Hope that helps.

t316

These critters baffle me as well. I have tons of them in one tank, some big, that I want to move to another, but I don't know how this creature operates. They are currently in the sand, but I didn't know if they would stay in their tube if I tried to scoop them up, or if they dash into the sand and I only end up moving the empty tube. Your thread here made me wonder if you just have an empty tube?

scotty37

One of them I saw pop out in the acclimation, but I havent seen the other at all... got the from the lfs, and it was a tank of these guys, so i didnt get a look at the other one at all. I checked them this morning and still no sign of either of them

scopus tang

I also place mine in the rockwork (they like to be in some current, but not too much as it will bend the tube). I use the aquarium safe putty to cement them into position.