First Fish?

seahorse11

I just finished cycling a 90 gallon. What would be a good starter fish? Currently I have no fish or corals in the tank. Thanks

phoenixfla

Damsel - cheap and very hardy.
May eventually have to return them to store, however. My 3 strip damsel became agressive as he became older. Bit the fins off of a yellow-tailed blue damsel. (he has subsequently recovered nicely)

seahorse11

I was thinking about a cleaner crew but I have nothing in the tank for them to eat. The tank is only about 1 1/2 months old and all I have in the tank is some LR and LS. I dont want to add damsels b/c I have heard they are aggressive and a PITA to get out. What do you guys think of Clarkii clowns or a LMB?

seannmelly

Originally Posted by seahorse11
I was thinking about a cleaner crew but I have nothing in the tank for them to eat. The tank is only about 1 1/2 months old and all I have in the tank is some LR and LS. I dont want to add damsels b/c I have heard they are aggressive and a PITA to get out. What do you guys think of Clarkii clowns or a LMB?
Cheap starter fish: Green Chromis. I have found them to be pretty hardy and are not as aggressive as damsels are. I would not go w/ the lmb unless you deff have algae for him to eat.

jakebtc

don't get the lmb if there isn't anything for a cleaning crew...
all he will really eat is algea
and if you have plenty of that get the cleaner crew