First ick outbreak

salty tank

I just bought a neon goby 5 days ago and i think he may have ick. He may have white spots on him for another reason though. For the past 5 days he has been between 2 rocks and almost never swims farther then 5 inches from his cave. I noticed he rubs on the rocks alot while in his cave. Could this have caused whitespots?
HELP PLEASE

mr_bill

Please make a new post in the desease and treatment forum. The masters of ICH will help you alot faster there, and your post won't fall off the first page so fast.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by salty tank
I just bought a neon goby 5 days ago and i think he may have ick. He may have white spots on him for another reason though. For the past 5 days he has been between 2 rocks and almost never swims farther then 5 inches from his cave. I noticed he rubs on the rocks alot while in his cave. Could this have caused whitespots?
HELP PLEASE
Rubbing is a sign of ich.....white spots are pretty much a confirmation along with rubbing. Move to a QT and treat with hypo.....instructions can be found on the faq's thread in the disease forum.

mikeyjer

Catching that fish with rocks in your tank will be a huge task!!! Try feeding it with garlic enhanced food if you can't really catch him. Lower your temp to around 76 during this time. The higher the temp, the faster the growth. Feed it around 3 times per day with garlic enhanced food, don't feed nothing else!!! If you do catch him, do QT and hypo! This is just an alternative method if you can't catch the fish. I've done this numerous times before and it works great for me. I don't like the treatment with copper at all!!!!! :happyfish